|Chest of News|
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
The shocking reason that this man's legs and hands were amputated: A dog's saliva
Greg Manteufel's symptoms began with fever and vomiting, as if he had the flu. But by the following morning, he was delirious, and his temperature had soared. His wife rushed him to the hospital, a quick drive from their Wisconsin home. Once they ...
Bite from exotic snake sparks multistate scramble for antivenom
DETROIT – A Michigan man continues to recover from a cobra bite that sent doctors scrambling to hunt down antivenom. The man, 26, from Pinconning Township, Michigan, became nauseous and started vomiting about 20 minutes after his pet albino ...
Mosquitoes in county test positive for West Nile virus
Mosquitoes collected last week in traps set by the St. Charles County Division of Environmental Health and Protection have tested positive for the West Nile virus, according to a press release. This is the first positive test for the county this year ...
Futurity: Research News
People with depression have low blood levels of this stuff
Futurity: Research News
People with depression have low blood levels of a substance called acetyl-L-carnitine, according to a new study. “[Depression is] the No. 1 reason for absenteeism at work, and one of the leading causes of suicide…” Naturally produced in the body, ...
Longhorned tick: New invasive species found in more states
PITTSBURGH - A new invasive tick species has been confirmed in Pennsylvania for the first time, just weeks after agriculture officials found one in North Carolina. >> Watch the news report here · According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, recent ...
FDA warns 'vaginal rejuvenation' treatments may pose safety risks
The U.S. Food & Drug Administration warned against “vaginal rejuvenation” treatments due to potential health and safety risks, including burns and scarring. The FDA commissioner Scott Gottlieb released a statement Monday, saying they had “recently ...
India bans vaccine imports from tainted China company
India has banned the import of a rabies vaccine from a Chinese manufacturer embroiled in a safety scandal, the head of India's drug regulator told a newspaper in comments published Wednesday. "The vaccine is being used in India, but we don't have the ...
They ate raw centipedes -- and then the headaches began
(CNN) After two people in Guangzhou, China, were admitted to the hospital with headaches and other neurological symptoms, doctors pinpointed an infection with a unusual backstory: They had eaten raw centipedes, according to a report published Monday ...
Can you recognize Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease?
As parents prepare to go shopping for school supplies, they should add an extra bottle of hand sanitizer to the shopping list to help prevent the spread of illnesses that could keep children out of school. One illness parents should be aware of is Hand ...
Boy recovers normal life after losing big part of his brain
A boy who lost a large part of his brain to a brain tumor has recovered to a remarkable degree, the rest of his brain having rewired itself to compensate, researchers reported Tuesday. Surgeons removed a third of one entire lobe of Tanner Collins ...