|Chest of News|
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Man dies of bacterial infection after eating tainted oyster at Florida restaurant
A 71-year-old man died on July 10 from a bacterial infection after eating a tainted oyster at a restaurant in Sarasota, Florida, according to the Florida Department of Health. The illness was caused by Vibrio vulnificus, officials said. Vibrio ...
A Spike In Liver Disease Deaths Among Young Adults Fueled By Alcohol
Dr. Elliot Tapper has treated a lot of patients, but this one stood out. "His whole body was yellow," Tapper remembers. "He could hardly move. It was difficult for him to breathe, and he wasn't eating anything." The patient was suffering from chronic ...
Vermont woman reveals horrific wild parsnip burns in warning about dangerous plant
WARNING: ARTICLE CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES. A Vermont woman who received the equivalent of second-degree chemical burns to her legs after falling into a wild parsnip plant is warning others about the dangers of the seemingly harmless herbage.
Celebrity plastic surgeon 'Dr Bumbum' on the run in Brazil after death of patient
Denis Furtado is renowned in Brazil and amassed 650,000 Instagram followers by posting pictures of his work. 12:43, UK, Wednesday 18 July 2018. Denis Furtado went by the moniker of Dr Bumbum. Pic: Facebook. Image: Denis Furtado went by the moniker ...
Woman has her leg amputated after a reported spider bite — how to know when this common summer problem gets ...
A mom-of-three is receiving dialysis and had her leg amputated — all because of a reported spider bite. Kiara Boulton of West Memphis, Arkansas was stepping out of the shower recently when she noticed a small bump on her foot. Suspecting it was a bite ...
Johns Hopkins researchers: Processed meats could cause manic episodes
BALTIMORE (WBFF) - Researchers at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine have just uncovered a possible link between processed meats and manic episodes. Dr. Robert Yolken, a professor of pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and ...
Efforts to empower consumers by advancing access to nonprescription drugs
Imperial Valley News
Washington, DC - At the FDA, we're continuing to look at ways we can foster greater access to the medicines that help keep people healthy. We are considering all options for positively impacting both access and the cost of health care, and today we are ...
Could smartphone use be linked to ADHD in teens?
Last Updated Jul 18, 2018 11:28 PM EDT. New research suggests there may be a link between frequent smartphone use and symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in teens. While the study is preliminary and more research is needed to ...
New York Post
Manhattan doctor convicted in oxycodone prescription case
NEW YORK (AP) — Federal prosecutors say an 82-year-old Manhattan doctor has been convicted of illegally dispensing thousands of opioid prescriptions to patients, one of whom died of an overdose two days after a visiting the doctor. A Brooklyn jury on ...
The Denver Channel
Mosquitoes test positive for West Nile Virus in Fort Collins for 1st time this season
The Denver Channel
DENVER – Mosquitoes traps in Fort Collins, Weld County and the Town of Berthoud have tested positive for West Nile Virus for the first time this season, health officials said Wednesday. While the risk remains low, officials said, the traps revealed ...