Also in that month:
Nacho Cheese Sauce Tainted With Botulism Kills California ManNPRA rare outbreak of botulism has hospitalized nine people and killed one man in northern California, health officials say. The outbreak began early last month when several people fell ill after eating nacho cheese sauce bought at a gas station in Walnut ...
Experts' tips for choosing the safest sunscreenCNN(CNN) Throughout the summer, consumers struggle with how to best protect their skin from the harmful rays of the sun. But which products are the safest? A new report released Tuesday by the Environmental Working Group claims that 73% of the 880 ...
No fruit juice for kids under 1, pediatricians adviseCNN(CNN) Children should not be given fruit juice before they are 1 year old unless it's advised by a doctor, according to new guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics, published Monday in the journal Pediatrics. The group had previously advised ...
Tick bite temporarily paralyzes 3-year-oldCNN(CNN) A normal bedtime routine turned into a trip to the emergency room for an Oregon couple and their 3-year-old after she experienced partial paralysis because of a tick bite. Amanda Lewis of La Grande described the scare on Facebook, saying her ...
Gender confirmation surgeries on the rise in the USCBS NewsFrom an early age Gearah Goldstein knew that her gender did not align with her body. "I grew up in a very affirming and loving home but back in my childhood that meant making sure I was comfortable understanding that I was a boy," she told CBS News.
Whatever you do, don't swallow that pool waterWashington PostAs warm weather approaches, U.S. health officials are warning that outbreaks of diarrhea caused by swallowing swimming pool water containing parasites have doubled in the past few years. The infections occur when swimmers ingest water contaminated by ... |